Ural State Medical University
Ural State Medical University was founded in 1930 and is situated at Yekaterinburg (the fourth largest city of the Russian Federation). The university is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and offers educational programs like Undergraduate, Graduate, and Postgraduate in various fields of medicine. Here students can enroll themselves in General Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Clinical medicine, Nursing, Clinical Psychology, and many more.
It has a long history in the educational field. Initially, the university was known by the name Sverdlovsk Medical Institute and later in 1995 it was renamed and became famous with the name Ural State Medical Academy. In 2013, the university was awarded the status of a university and achieved its current name.
In the educational exchange program, the university has established partnerships with other countries around the world for academic exchange, Scientific research which is beneficial for international as well as local students. Every year, more than 500 international students enroll themselves in various programs, which are completely taught in English because the university English is its language of instruction.
Ural State Medical University – Ranking and Recognition
- Accredited by the Ministry of science and higher education of the Russian Federation
- Remembered for the rundown of the best and advanced organization in commonwealth independent states (2014)
- QS World University Ranking for the year 2021 – 331
- QS WUR University Ranking – 27
- Recognized by WHO, NMC, UNESCO, Ministry of science, higher education of Russia
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Study in Ural State Medical University
A candidate needs to fulfill the following criteria to become eligible to study MBBS from Ural University of Russia
Age – 17 years old as of 31 December of the following admission year
12th – General category students must have 50% marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and 40% for the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC)
NEET Exam – NEET scorecard is required which is not older than 3 years
Duration of MBBS in Russia in Ural State Medical University
Students will be engaged for 6 years for an MBBS course in Russia, which can be divided into 4.8 years of theoretical sessions and 1 year of internship. In this way, the exact duration of the MBBS Study in Russia is 5.8 years.
Fee structure for MBBS in Russia 2022-2023
|Fee Structure||1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year||6th year||Total||Fee in INR|
RUB1 = Rs1
Note: The above amount may vary depending on the Indian currency rate against the Russian currency and on the new policies of the universities. You can contact our counselors @ +91 93103 82181 for more details about the admission process and other fee details.
Important dates – September Intake session 2022
|Application Start Date||August 2022|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Admission Start Date||September 2022|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of September 2022|
Important dates – January Intake session 2023 (Winter Intake)
|Application Start Date||December 2023|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Admission Start Date||January 2023|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of January 2023|
Benefits of study MBBS from Ural Medical University, Russia
- 91-Year-old educational history. Thousands of medical graduates from the university have been successfully pursuing their dream careers.
- 500+ international students enrolled every year
- English as a language of instruction
- High MCI screening test rate
- Additional facility to learn Russian classes
Accommodation & Indian Food
- Separate hostels for Indian boys and girls in university premises with all essential amenities like centrally heating system for winters, AC, 24*7 water & electricity supply
- Mess run by Indian chefs where all Indian recipes are prepared
- Nearby availability of cafes and restaurants
- Students can also cook their own food because all the Indian grocery items are available in the supermarket.
- Students can take part in various sports. Gym, ATM, High-speed wifi, all facilities are provided on the hostel premises.
How to reach Ural Federal State Medical University to study MBBS in Russia?
Students first need to complete all the documentation. Once they get their visa approved, they are ready to catch a flight from New Delhi airport to Yekaterinburg airport. The distance is approximately 3369 km and it will take around 20 to 20 hours to reach there. Once you have landed at the airport, our representative will receive you and take you with him to the university campus. It is 21km away from the airport. It will take at least 20 minutes to reach the university campus. Our manager will arrange all the facilities for you.
1. What is the average student and Teacher ratio in Ural State Medical University?
The average student and teacher ratio in Ural Medical University is 10:1 or 12:1, which means 1 teacher on 10/12 students.
2. Will language be a barrier while studying MBBS from Ural University?
No, Language will not be a barrier for Indian medical aspirants. Though most of the universities offering MBBS study in Russian have bilingual curriculum it will sort out the top MCI approved universities that have fully English medium curriculum.
3. Is an MBBS degree from Ural State Medical University valid in India?
Of course, the university is MCI/NMC approved and follows all global standards. Hence its medical degree is valid in India and students can practice their medicine legally after passing the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) or NEXT (National Exit Test)
4. How can I evaluate the university for MBBS study in Russia?
There could be multiple factors but here are some major factors that you can consider before proceeding for admission.
- Approved by Indian and Russian Embassy
- MCI and WHO approved
- International Airport in the particular city where the university is located
- Population more than 7 lakh, so that you can get enough number of patients while internship period
- The medium of instruction should be English
- Establishment year, older universities are considered authentic having the best teaching methods.
5. Can I do part-time work while studying MBBS in Russia?
Yes, MBBS students can do a part-time job while studying but MBBS itself requires day and night study. If you can manage the pressure and your part-time job together, then yes you can do a part-time job there.