University of Perpetual Help
|Established:1975 |City:Dalta |Medium:Eng |Type:Priv.|Rating:4.5/5 |Affiliations:CHED,USMLE,FAIMER,MCI & WHO
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) was founded in 1975 and is located in las pinas city, Philippines. It has 2 other campuses in the Philippines; Calamba, Molino which are also known for their world-class education and extraordinary teaching methods with the inclusion of the latest technology. The university has been nurturing talents and creating medical professionals for more than 45 years. This institute is one of the best destinations for creativity, education, technical knowledge, research, and innovation.
It is accredited by WHO, NMC, FAIMER, and authorized by the Philippines government. It has affiliations and tie-ups with various hospitals in the United States and also has teaching faculties from well-reputed institutes like the University of London, Harvard, UCLA, UC Davis, etc.
The university has around 18500 students from different countries and offers scholarships under various programs like the Go Clean scholarship, BrokenFish International Student Scholarship, and many more. It provides a comfortable learning atmosphere with all facilities like library, research laboratory, education exchange program under affiliation with top universities of other countries, and student refreshment program.
University of Perpetual-Rewards & Ranking
- According to UNI Rank, UPHSD holds the 9189th position among the top medical universities and is ranked at 60th position in the country.
- According to Edu Rank, the university holds the top position in Las Pinas City and holds 37th position in the country
- Accredited by WHO (World Health Organization)
- Approved by MCI (Medical Council of India)
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Study in University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
|Age||17 Years in the respective year of admission (till 31st December)|
|10+2||50% in PCB (General category)
40% marks PCB (for Reserved category)
|NEET||Qualifying Scorecard should not be older than 3 years|
Duration of MBBS from University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
The entire medical course is categorized into two parts. Candidates first need to take admission in 1 year of pre-medicine course and then they will have to enroll themselves in 4 years of MD course. Hence, the total course duration will be completed within 5 years.
Fee structure for MBBS Study in Philippines for UPHSD
|Fee Structure||Pre-medicine (1st year)||MD 1 (2nd year)||MD (3rd year)||MD (4th year)||MD (5th year)||Total Fee||Fee in INR|
|Peso 15,50,000||Rs 23,01,152|
Note: Philippines Peso 1 = INR 1.48
The total budget for pursuing MBBS from the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is around Rs 23 lakh. The hostel fee and Food cost are not included in the budget, because it is optional. Students can choose accommodation as per their comfortability. If students choose to take a hostel and food facility, it will cost them Peso 12000 additionally.
Benefits of studying MBBS from UPHSD
- Well reputed institution with 45 years of academic history
- Secured 4th rank in the education system of the Philippines
- The medium of instruction and official language of the Philippines is English
- Awarded multiple times by PACUCOA (Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation)
- More than 7 affiliated hostels
- Faculties graduated from institutes like Harvard University, University of London, etc.
- High MCI and USMLE passing rate
- Focuses more on clinical exposure
- Separate hostel for Indian students with single, double, and triple bed
- Essential amenities like AC, study room, library, 24*7 water, electricity facility
- Indian Food facility cooked by Indian cooks. Provide separate mess with a huge capacity of the dining hall (1000 students)
- University has a sports club with basketball, beach volleyball court with the latest equipment.
Important dates – October Intake session 2021 (Only single intake)
|Application Start Date||August 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of October 2021|
How to reach UPHSD?
The distance between Delhi international airport to Ninoy Aquino International Airport is 4772km. Students will take off from Delhi and will be landed at MNL airport in around 18 hours including layover time. Our college representative will receive the students and make all the arrangements to reach the university comfortably. It further takes 35 minutes to reach the university campus.
1. Is there any language barrier in UPHSD?
English is the official language of the Philippines and UPHSD also uses English as a language of instruction. So language would not be any barrier while studying MBBS from the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA.
2. Is the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA safe for Indian students?
Of Course, it is safe for Indian students, there are strong law and order rules which are followed by the people with strict discipline. The professors and other staff members are very kind and supportive which maintain the discipline in the university.
3. Is there any scholarship program for students?
If a student performs well in the semesters, there is a scholarship facility to encourage students to study well during the MBBS program.
4. If I want to settle in the USA, after completing MBBS from the Philippines?
All medical graduates will be required to clear the USMLE exam to practice in the USA. However the education system is influenced by the US education system, so it gives little advantage for the students because the syllabus is relevant as per the USMLE syllabus.