Semey State Medical University
|Established:1931 |City:Semey |Medium:English |Type:Gov.| Rating:4/5 |Affiliations:MCI,WHO & PMDC
When it comes to the top medical institutes of Kazakhstan, the name of Semey State Medical University always remains on the list. It is considered one of the best medical universities in Kazakhstan and the preferred choice for Indian medical students.
Semey State Medical University was established in 1952 and is located in the city of Semey, Kazakhstan. It has a highly advanced infrastructure with its own clinical base including multiple profile hospital and stomatology polyclinic with 530 beds capacity.
Currently, there are more than 3500 students studying from different countries in various courses like General medicine, stomatology, pharmaceuticals, and medico prophylactic. Having 450 faculty members including 35 doctors of science, 168 Ph.D. holders, and several researchers from various streams, this institute has become the most preferred destination for pursuing MBBS/MD degrees for students from all around the world.
Semey State Medical University – Rewards & Ranking
- According to UNI Rank, Semey State Medical University holds 17th rank among the medical institutes in Kazakhstan and 5059 world rank among the universities offering MBBS/MD degrees.
- According to the IAAR Eurasian University Ranking, Semey university holds a position in the top 3 medical universities of Kazakhstan in 2018.
- In 2018, the university was in 1 place in the nomination for “Leader of Educating Students” according to the result of the Independent Agency for quality assurance in Education
- The university has been recognized as the first central Asian Government Medical University offering a fully English medium curriculum for national and international students
Approved by the following organizations
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of Education and science of Kazakhstan
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Study in Semey State Medical University
|Age||17 years by 31st December (In admission year)|
|NEET||Yes (Not older than 3 years)|
|12th (General Category Students)||50% in PCB|
|12th (Reserved Category Students)||40% in PCB|
Duration of MBBS from Semey State Medical University
The course duration of MBBS/MD from Semey State Medical University is around 5 years. If we break it down, it will comprise 4.8 years of course duration and 1 year of internship.
Fee structure for MBBS Study in Kazakhstan for Semey State Medical University
|Fee Structure||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th year||Total Fee||Fee in INR|
|Tuition Fee||$3700||$3700||$3700||$3700||$3700||$18,500||Rs 13,69,000|
|Hostel Fee||$700||$700||$700||$700||$700||$3500||Rs 2,59,000|
|Grand Total||$22,700||Rs 16,72,400|
The mentioned amount is subject to change.
$1 = Rs74
Important dates – October Intake session 2021
|Application Start Date||August 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Admission Start Date||October 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of October 2021|
Important dates – January Intake session 2022 (Winter Intake)
|Application Start Date||December 2022|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Admission Start Date||January 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of January 2021|
How to reach Semey State Medical University to study MBBS?
Kazakhstan is 2314 km far from the capital city of India, Delhi. The student will be transported from Delhi to Kazakhstan via direct flight, which takes around 4 hours to reach there. After reaching the Kazakhstan airport, our representative will receive you and transport you to the university campus which is approx 20km far away from the airport.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Semey State Medical University safe for Indian students?
Indian students can feel safe in Kazakhstan because the law and order are very strict and local residents also adhere to all the rules and regulations properly. Parents can stay relaxed about the safety of their children studying there.
- Is this university approved by MCI?
Yes, the university is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and medical graduates from the university can practice medicine in India after clearing the FMGE test.
- Does the university have a hostel facility?
Yes, there is a separate hostel facility for Indian students where Indian food recipes are prepared by Indian chefs so that students from India never miss the Indian food.
- What is the medium of instruction at Semey State Medical University?
It follows a fully English medium curriculum and uses English as a language of instruction so students from any country won’t find any language barrier.