Osh State Medical University
|Established:1931 |City:Osh|Medium:Eng |Type:Gov.| Rating:4.5/5 |Affiliations:MCI,WHO & FAIMER
OSH State University is a government-authorized university and known as one of the prestigious universities of the Kyrgyz republic. It was established on 24 May 1951 with the name Osh State Pedagogical Institute and achieved the status of university on 17 June 1992.
It offers a fully English medium course that is suitable for all national as well as international students because it is a globally recognized institute by various organizations like WHO and MCI. It has around 3500 students currently studying medical courses there, in which approximately 1000 are from other countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Turkey, the US, and the UK. As it was a part of Russia earlier, so it offers courses in the Russian medium. Candidates have a choice to opt for the course at their convenience.
At present, the university is equipped with the latest facility and technology required to grasp medical knowledge in the best possible ways. It has an affiliation with prestigious nation-level hospitals, which enables students to get better clinical exposure. Currently around 250 teachers from various specialization
OSH Medical Institute – Rewards & Ranking
- According to UNI Rank, Osh medical university holds a position of 8915 among the top universities across the world.
- It holds the 8 positions among the premier medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan
- Recognized by WHO (World Health Organization)
- Approved by the Ministry of education and science of Kyrgyzstan
- It is recognized as the MCI (Medical Council of India), which allows appearing for MCI screening test/FMGE test after MD/MBBS program
- FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Benefits of studying MBBS from OSH medical university
- Robust infrastructure focused on practical learnings
- 1000+ international students take admission every year
- More than 70 years of Education history of creating successful doctors
- 12:1 Students teacher ratio
- High MCI Screening/FMGE test passing rate
- Fully English medium
- A good network of affiliated national level hospitals
- Special hostel and food facility for Indian students where Indian cooks prepared food for the students.
Important dates – October Intake session 2021
|Application Start Date||August 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Admission Start Date||October 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of October 2021|
Important dates – January Intake session 2022 (Winter Intake)
|Application Start Date||December 2022|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Admission Start Date||January 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of January 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Study in OSH Medical Institute
|Age||17 years by 31st December (In admission year)|
|NEET||Yes (Not older than 3 years)|
|12th (General Category Students)||50% in PCB|
|12th (Reserved Category Students)||40% in PCB|
Duration of MBBS from OSH Medical Institute
Generally, it takes 5 years to complete the MBBS or MD program from OSH university but the exact time required to complete the course is 4.8 years including 1 year of internship.
Fee structure for MBBS Study in Kyrgyzstan for OSH Medical Institute
|Fee Structure||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th year||Total Fee||Fee in INR|
|Tuition Fee||$3200||$3200||$3200||$3200||$3200||$16,000||Rs 11,84,000|
|Hostel Fee||$500||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional||$500||Rs 37,000|
|Grand Total||$16,500||Rs 12,21,000|
Note: $1 = Rs74
The mentioned amount is subject to change as per the currency fluctuation and change in university policy. Hostel and food fees are optional for the students, if they want to avail benefits of these two facilities, they will be required to pay $2500 for Hostels and $1000 for the Indian mess facility.
How to reach Osh State University?
The air distance between Delhi to Bishkek is 1,591 km. Students can take a direct flight to the Bishkek airport. It will take around 3 hours to reach there, after that you need to take another flight from Bishkek to Osh, which takes around 45 minutes. After that, you will be transported by university bus or any convenient mode of transport to the university campus.
You can also opt for travel from Bishkek to Osh via a college bus. A bus will pick you from the Bishkek airport and drop you at the university campus. In this case, the bus will take around 10 hours to cover the distance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do boys and girls have separate hostels at OSMU?
Yes, there are separate hostel facilities for boys and girls students who came from India. All amenities are provided for the students.
- Is OSMU safe for Indian students?
All the professors and faculty staff are kind and welcoming in nature and give full attention to all the students. There is no discrimination based on nationality. Local people also communicate in a very humble way to make Indian students comfortable.
- How will I communicate with the local people or patients during the internship?
The Osh University takes care of this thing very well. Students are provided classes for local language so that they can communicate with local people and patients during the internship period.
- Is there any scholarship program for students?
Yes, college management always looks forward to encouraging the students who perform well at semester exams. Based on merit, students are awarded with a scholarship.
- What is the total budget of MBBS at OSMU Kyrgyzstan?
Indian students can complete their MBBS course or MD program from ISMU for around 12 lakh Indian rupees.