AMA School of Medicine
|Established:1980 |City:Makati |Medium:Eng |Type:Private|Rating:4/5 |Affiliations:FAIMER,CHED,IMED,MCI & WHO
|Type of university||Private|
|NMC Gazette 2021 Compatible||Yes|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Total Budget (Tuition fee)||INR 18 Lakh|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (BS+MD)|
|Accreditation||WHO, FAIMER, NMC|
|Indian Food & Accommodation||Yes|
AMA School of Medicine is a medical institute of AMA Education System. It was established in 2008 and is situated in Makati (the financial and business capital of the Philippines). It offers a medical degree, equivalent to an MBBS degree in India and is globally accepted by other nations. It is the institute that is listed among the best medical colleges of WHO and approved by MCI/NMC (an Indian organization which validates any medical degree)
The university offers a 6 years course which includes a BS+MD program (Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine degree). Indian medical aspirants who have completed the 12th class can enroll themselves in the Two-year pre-medical course (BS) offered by the AMA School of Medicine. After that, they can pursue the four-year MD program.
AMASOM offers an exclusive program for all international students who want to pursue a medical career. They can join a combined course BS+MD and nurture their dream of becoming a successful doctor. The university has a diversity of students from various countries like India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, the US, the UK, and many more. However, Indian students need to qualify MCI/FMGE/NEXT test to practice in India as legal medical practitioners.
The entire course is in the English language and the university also follows a US-based education curriculum that helps the students to clear the USMLE examination.
AMA School of Medicine – Rewards & Ranking
- According to the UNIRank, it holds the position of 10455 among the top medical universities across the world and 104 among the national medical universities.
- Accredited by World Health Organization (WHO)
- Approved by NMC (National Medical Council of India)
- Recognized by the Ministry of education and science, Philippines
- Affiliated with QMMC (Quirino Memorial Medical Center)
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Study in AMA School of Medicine
|Age||17 Years in the respective year of admission (till 31st December)|
|NEET||Qualifying Scorecard should not be older than 3 years|
|10+2||50% in PCB (General category)
40% marks PCB (for Reserved category)
Duration of MBBS from AMA School of Medicine
The course structure in the Philippines is slightly different from other countries. The entire course duration is of 6 years (2 years BS + 4 years MD) including an internship.
Fee structure for MBBS Study in Philippines for AMA School of Medicine
|Fee Structure||BS 1||BS 2||MD 1||MD 2||MD 3||MD 4 (1.5 year)||Total Fee||Fee in INR|
|Tuition Fee||Peso 3,00,000||Peso
|Peso 13,00,000||Rs 18,07,090|
|Fee in Dollar||$5,455||$3,636||$4,545||$4,545||$2,727||$2,727||$23,635|
Note: Peso1 = INR 1.39
The overall budget for pursuing MBBS from AMA school of medicine in Indian currency is around Rs 18 lakh. The hostel and food cost is not included in the fee structure because they are optional. However, if a student wants to take benefits of the university’s hostel and food facility, he/she needs to pay around Rs 12000 to 15000
Benefits of studying MBBS from AMA medical university
- One of the best medical universities in the Philippines, having 2 campuses; one is in MAKATI, and the other is in CAVITA (Manila).
- Institute has a pool of brilliant faculty who are researchers, scholars, and Ph.D. holders in specialized fields
NMC Gazette 2021 compatible college
- Fully English medium course
- Ideal Student and teacher ratio (10:1)
- The US-based medical education system
- High MCI/FMGE passing rate
- Clinically oriented learnings based on case study
Accommodation, Food, and other facilities
- Separate hostels for Indian students for both boys and girls
- All rooms are equipped with essential amenities required for the students
- On-premises Indian food facility, where all recipes are cooked by Indian cooks
- Sports club, GYM, ATM, 24*7 water and electricity, laundry, High-speed internet, library and many more
Important dates – October Intake
|Application Start Date||August 2022|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of October 2022|
Important dates – January Intake (Winter Intake)
|Application Start Date||December 2022|
|Invitation Letter||Within 15 days|
|Last Date of Admission Form||By the end of January 2022|
How to reach AMA University?
The air distance from Delhi to Makati, Philippines is 4,761km. Students are required to take a flight from the international airport of Delhi to Makati. It will take around 12 hours including layover time.
Once students reach Makati airport, a college representative will receive the students. The University campus is around 28km from the airport, which further takes 20 to 25 minutes to cover
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any language barrier in AMASOM?
The Philippines is an English-spoken country and has much influence from the US. So students will not be required to learn any new language. Even in the university, all the professors and staff speak English.
- Is AMA School of Medicine safe for Indian students?
Of course, the people are very kind and educated and behave and interact well with Indians or students from other countries. There are strict rules and regulations in the counties and universities, especially for girls’ safety. People also adhere to all the rules obediently
- Is there any scholarship program for students?
Yes, Students are awarded scholarships and other benefits who perform well in semesters. There are also some benefits for financially weak students.
- If I want to settle in the USA, after completing MBBS from the Philippines?
The entire medical education system of the Philippines is influenced by the US Education system, hence students find it easy to clear the USMLE Exam, which is required to pursue a medical career in the USA. So any medical graduate from the Philippines can settle in the USA and start practicing medicine there.