Over thousands of students choose MBBS in Egypt every year due to its low budget, Education quality, professional teaching and modern health care facilities. Here students get the opportunity to fulfill their dream of becoming doctors under the mentorship of international teachers and scholars.
MBBS in Egypt is now in trend because the country has friendly geo-political relations with India. If a candidate chooses to complete his higher medical education in Egypt, he will be supposed to live in a sophisticated and diverse culture. The universities here in Egypt are recognized by international organizations like WHO, FAIMER, and NMC which make all the universities an authentic place to study MBBS courses abroad.
|Official Language||Modern Standard Arabic|
|Population||10 M (2020)|
|Air distance from Delhi||4708 km|
WHO & MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Egypt
Below is the list of best medical colleges in Egypt which have accepted English as a medium of instruction and offer a 6-year MBBS course for medical students. These institutes have a decent FMGE passing rate and are perfect for those students who are seeking low-budget colleges in Egypt.
|Medical University||Appx.Total 5-year MBBS Course Budget|
|Cairo University||USD 30,750|
|Ain Shams University||USD 32,000|
|Aswan University||USD 32,300|
|Mansoora University||USD 32,300|
|Alexandria University||USD 32,000|
|Helwan University||USD 30,600|
|Kafrelsheikh University||USD 30,600|
|Tanta University||USD 32,100|
Some candidates get confused in the admission process because there are some universities which provide medical education but only in their local language so that it becomes difficult for students to understand the concepts deeply due to language barrier.
The benefit of choosing CollegeClue is that you will take admission to those universities only which have English as a key medium of instruction. To avoid any confusion, contact our counsellor team @ +91-9310382181
Admission process for MBBS in Egypt
The admission is far simpler than that of India. Candidates just need to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria and must have the required documents to take admission to the medical colleges of Egypt. The rest of the things are handled by the team of CollegeClue
Colleges and Universities for MBBS in Egypt
Eligibility for MBBS study in Egypt
Age – Students must have completed 17 years of age when he/she taking admission (by 31st of December)
Academic – Candidate must have scored 50% marks in 12th (for general category students) and 40% mark (For reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
NEET – Qualifying scorecard is required, it should not be older than 3 years.
Required Documents to take admission for MBBS in Egypt
- Correctly filled admission form
- 12th class mark sheet
- 10th class mark sheet
- NEET Qualifying scorecard
- Original Passport (Scanned copy of first and last page)
- 15 to 20 passport size photographs
To avoid any mistakes in documentation, contact us @ +91-9310382181
How to Process Visa MBBS Admission in Egypt?
Here at CollegeClue, candidates get a visa with a 100% successful rate.
You can contact our experienced visa team who will take care of the entire visa process and take all the burden of the documentation process. The required documents are as follows.
- An invitation letter issued by Egypt Embassy
- Passport (Original copy)
- 10th certificate
- 12th certificate
- Medical certificate
- HIV certificate & Covid Report
- School leaving certificate
- Gap certificate (If any)
For any query related to visa documents you can contact us at @ +91-9310382181
Our full-fledged assistance for MBBS Study in Egypt
- We help you to obtain an admission letter from your selected university within 2 or 3 working days.
- Visa support with 100% success ratio
- Apostille stamping
- Air ticket and travel assistance
- Indian food facility
- Separate hostel facility for Indian students
- NEXT FMGE preparation Assistance
- Indian manager
- Currency Exchange
We hold the hands of our candidate from his application process for MBBS Abroad and never let him alone till his degree completion. We also help our candidate for NEXT preparation from the first year of his MBBS course.
If you have any queries regarding MBBS Abroad Admission, you can contact our expert counsellors.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Egypt
- Tuition fee in medical colleges in Egypt is very affordable
- There is no requirement of paying donation or capitation fee
- The cost of living in Egypt is very reasonable
- No entrance exam is taken in the universities of Egypt
- Medical universities in Egypt offer MBBS courses at a very low tuition fee ranging between 3 lakh to 5 lakh.
- The students who want to come back to India to practise medicine will get special assistance for NEXT exam preparation by CollegeClue. So that they can prepare for NEXT from the first year of their course.
- More than 2000 students come to Egypt to pursue their MBBS studies.
- Opportunity to study MBBS in top medical universities in Egypt recognised by WHO.
- State of the art infrastructure equipped with all modern equipment for providing better education and clinical exposure.
- Affiliated hospital networks to provide internship opportunities to the students
- As we have tied up with the universities, students will get an Indian food facility where all recipes are prepared by Indian cooks.
- Separate hostels for Indian students on the university premises.
MBBS Students’ lifestyle in Egypt
Food and accommodation
The Medical candidates can manage their food and accommodation in Egypt on a very affordable budget. As far as accommodation is concerned, every university provides a hostel facility on its campus but if the candidates want to live in any other place according to their convenience, the rental facility may vary from EGP 700 to 4000 EGP per month depending on your lifestyle.
Students can take an apartment ranging between EGP 3000 to EGP 5000 and can share it with other students. The average monthly food cost is somewhere around EGP 2400 which includes 3 times meals for a single person.
Most of the hostels are either located on the university campus or nearby the university campus. If students are living nearby the university campus, there is a micro and macro bus facility that charges around EGP 25. So Students can manage to travel between university and living place.
Sports and other activities
There are plenty of opportunities in Egypt which carve and enhance the personality of a candidate. Students can engage in various sports activities and can pursue their hobbies without disturbing their studies. They can join any sports, and Gymming and can also join any creative institution.
Local community of Egypt
In Egypt, 90 per cent of the population is Sunni Muslim and approximately 10% is Christian. The people in Egypt are very welcoming toward foreigners, especially students. There is no discrimination based on caste, colour and religion. The official language of Egypt is Modern Standard Arabic but most of the people also speak English, so they can communicate with international people easily.
Frequently Asked Question
- What is the medium of instruction for MBBS in Egypt?
There are both bilingual and English language medical universities in Egypt but Indian students need an environment where they can get no barriers while studying. So CollegeClue shortlists those colleges which have English as a medium of instruction only. So Indian students will get English medium curriculums and English-speaking faculties.
- What are the weather conditions in Egypt?
The temperature in Egypt is similar to India. The population faces dry, hot and sunny summers and cold winters like India.
- Is an MBBS degree from Egypt valid in India?
The Medical Colleges in Egypt are recognized by WHO and NMC as well. Thus the MBBS degree is valid across all countries.
- What is the way to become eligible to practice medicine in India after completing MBBS from Egypt?
After completing the MBBS course in Egypt, the candidates will be required to pass the FMGE exam. If they qualify for that exam, they will get a legal license to practice medicine in India.