Dentistry is a branch of healing arts and sciences dedicated to maintaining oral health. It is an opportunity for a dynamic job that offers to become a successful, highly respected member of society. It is a profession mainly concerned with the prevention and treatment of oral disease, including dental diseases and supporting structures and diseases of the soft tissue of the mouth. Dentistry also covers the treatment and dislocation of the jaw, misidentification of teeth, and birth anomalies of the oral cavity, such as the cleft palate. In addition to general practice, dentistry includes many specialties and sub-specialties including orthodontics, and dental orthopedics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral and maxillofacial pathology, endodontic, public health dentistry, and oral and maxillofacial radiology has been done. If you want to study dentistry in abroad, you should totally consider pursuing your dentistry degree from abroad!
Dental treatments are done by a dental team, which includes a dentist and dental auxiliaries, most dentists either work in (own) private clinics or are connected with dental hospitals and institutions. There are many reasons why you should study dentistry in abroad. If you have time, you can pursue masters in dentistry. By knowing the list of dentistry courses in abroad, if you are satisfied with only doing bachelors in dentistry, you can start clinical practice in any clinic.
- The student must have completed 12th from a recognized board.
- PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) aggregate marks:
- Gen. 50%
- OBC/ SC/ST: 40%
- Must have NEET Qualified.
- The student must be 17 years or above age as of 31st December of the year in which the student seeking admission.
- The student must have completed a bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery (BDS).
- Must have 21 years of age while applying for the NEET MDS (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Masters of Dental Surgery) entrance test for admission in the MDS Course.
WHAT IS NEET-MDS?
NEET-MDS is an eligibility cum ranking examination conducted by NBE (National Board Exams). NEET-MDS is a single entrance exam for admission in all postgraduate dental courses conducted once a year and it is the only authentic entrance test for admission to the Masters in Dental Surgery program across the country or in abroad.
NEET- MDS Cut-off according to year as follows: