Dentistry is a branch of healing arts and sciences dedicated to maintaining oral health. It is an opportunity for a dynamic job that offers to become a successful, highly respected member of society. It is a profession mainly concerned with the prevention and treatment of oral disease, including dental diseases and supporting structures and diseases of the soft tissue of the mouth. Dentistry also covers the treatment and dislocation of the jaw, misidentification of teeth, and birth anomalies of the oral cavity, such as the cleft palate. In addition to general practice, dentistry includes many specialties and sub-specialties including orthodontics, and dental orthopedics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral and maxillofacial pathology, endodontic, public health dentistry, and oral and maxillofacial radiology has been done. If you want to study dentistry in abroad, you should totally consider pursuing your dentistry degree from abroad!
Dental treatments are done by a dental team, which includes a dentist and dental auxiliaries, most dentists either work in (own) private clinics or are connected with dental hospitals and institutions. There are many reasons why you should study dentistry in abroad. If you have time, you can pursue masters in dentistry. By knowing the list of dentistry courses in abroad, if you are satisfied with only doing bachelors in dentistry, you can start clinical practice in any clinic.
- The student must have completed 12th from a recognized board.
- PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) aggregate marks:
- Gen. 50%
- OBC/ SC/ST: 40%
- Must have NEET Qualified.
- The student must be 17 years or above age as of 31st December of the year in which the student seeking admission.
- The student must have completed a bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery (BDS).
- Must have 21 years of age while applying for the NEET MDS (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Masters of Dental Surgery) entrance test for admission in the MDS Course.
WHAT IS NEET-MDS?
NEET-MDS is an eligibility cum ranking examination conducted by NBE (National Board Exams). NEET-MDS is a single entrance exam for admission in all postgraduate dental courses conducted once a year and it is the only authentic entrance test for admission to the Masters in Dental Surgery program across the country or in abroad.
NEET- MDS Cut-off according to year as follows:
DENTISTRY AS A CAREER
The demand for dental care has grown over the past few years and it seems all set to continue growing with the increasing number of older adults who are looking to maintain a healthy set of teeth for a longer period.
Dentistry is a career that provides plenty of challenges as well as an opportunity to help people and make the community a healthy place to live. General dentists are responsible for the diagnosis, treatment management, and overall coordination of patient oral health. Dentists help the patient to improve their appearance and boost their self-confidence by using a wide range of cosmetic dental procedures. The job of a dentist does go beyond the dentist chair as the dental professionals teach their patients how to prevent disease and maintain good oral health.
WHY STUDY DENTISTRY IN ABROAD?
The program is diverse and innovative, the learning environment includes many cultures and multiple identities, when you study abroad you will have the opportunities to get familiar with many foreign students and learn many different things from them. Apart from that, you will also experience the latest technology and, good infrastructure.
The duration of the Dentistry course differs with the program level you choose duration of a Bachelor’s Degree is 5 years, whereas the Duration for a Master’s degree is 3 years.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AFTER DENTISTRY
- They can work as orthodontists and study dental records and examine medical records, design teeth models and make a patient’s treatment plan.
- They can be appointed as an oral surgeon and treat tumors and other abnormal growth in gums and jaws and perform surgery related to the mouth.
- They can make their career as professional Periodontists and can diagnose and treat periodontal diseases such as gums and tissue.
- They can practice as Pedodontist who are specialized in children’s dental treatment and care.
- They can practice as an Endodontist and do root canals and treat diseases of dental pulp which includes blood vessels and nerves.
- They can perform as a Prosthodontist and construct oral prostheses to replace the missing teeth to refer to the structure and correct deformation of the mouth and maintain healthy chewing and speaking function.