Study MBBS in Nepal 2022-2023
When we talk about Nepal, the first thing that comes to our mind is Mount Everest and its beautiful sites. Studying MBBS in Nepal can be a golden opportunity for Indian students because education cost in Nepal is very less in comparison to India. Especially medical courses, because universities here require no donation.
According to the stats, around 38% of Indian medical students are studying medical courses in Nepal medical universities. The main reasons for this huge figure are low-budget education and the high passing rate of students from Nepal universities.
|Language||Nepali & English|
|Population||29.14 Million (2020)|
|Currency||Nepalese rupee (Equivalent to 0.62 INR)|
|Air distance from Delhi||830 Km|
WHO & MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Nepal
Here is the list of top medical colleges of Nepal offering a 5-year MBBS program and fully English curriculum. Students who are seeking the best medical colleges in Nepal in their budget having a good FMGE exam passing rate can consider these colleges.
|Medical University||Type||Location||MBBS Course Budget|
|Kathmandu University School Of Medical Sciences||Government||Kathmandu||Rs 40-45 Lakh|
|Kathmandu Medical College & Hospital||Private||Kathmandu||Rs 48-55 Lakh|
|Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Private||Kathmandu||Rs 46-52 Lakh|
|College of Medical Sciences||Private||Chitwan||Rs 48-65 Lakh|
|Manipal College Of Medical Sciences||Private||Pokhara||Rs 55-65 Lakh|
All these mentioned medical universities are WHO and MCI Approved and provide a fully English medium course curriculum. To get more details contact CollegeClue @ +91-9310382181 .
Admission process for MBBS in Nepal 2022-2023
MBBS admission in Nepal is very simple for Indian students because the government of both the neighboring countries shares friendly policies and give relaxation on various levels.
Though students sometimes face a lot of difficulties during the admission process because of not having proper information. To provide smooth admission, we help the students with our experience and reduce the complexity which they face.
Eligibility for MBBS study in Nepal
- Eligibility criteria for MBBS study in NEPAL
- A medical aspirant must not be less than 17 years if any student is below this age criteria will not be permitted for MBBS admission
- A candidate should have completed 12th grade in PCB stream and he/she must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (for general category) and 40% marks (for reserve category).
- A candidate requires to qualify NEET exam with minimum qualifying marks
Documents required to admission for MBBS in Nepal
- Admission form
- Scanned copy of Passport (First & Last Page)
- 10th and 12th passing certificate
- Valid NEET scorecard (must not be older than 3 years)
- Passport size photograph (Coloured)
Call on @ +91-9310382181 for guidance and support from our team regarding the admission process. The consultation process will be completely free.
Visa Application for Student to Study MBBS in Nepal
We make the complex Visa process very simple for our students. Our experienced team provides assistance in the entire visa process from application to obtaining a visa within a defined period.
- The list of required documents are listed below:
- An invitation letter issued by the embassy of Nepal
- Passport with 5 years of validity
- 12th certificate
- 10th certificate
- School leaving certificate
- Colored photographs (10 to 15 copies)
- Gap certificate (If any)
Our services for Indian students to study MBBS in Nepal
- Free counseling
- Detailed information about country/ college and course curriculum
- Obtaining an invitation letter from the university
- Documentation support
- Application submission to the university
- Visa process with 100% success rate
- Air tickets & travel assistance
- Accommodation facility as per Indian students requirement
- Indian mess facility
- Medical insurance and police verification
- Obtaining an international student card
Our one-stop services for MBBS in Nepal make the entire admission process for the students simple and easy. We also provide Indian managers to take care of the students. Students can contact the manager for any kind of issue they are facing during the course.
For any support and queries, you can contact us @ +91-9310382181
Benefits of studying MBBS in Nepal
- Opportunities to study several medical fields like General Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Dentistry, and other areas.
- Nepal is very near to India, it is very convenient and comfortable to travel
- No visa is required for Indian citizens, Therefore the documentation work becomes relatively easy.
- Admission to Medical colleges in Nepal is simple and hassle-free
- Education quality, food, and living habits are somewhat similar to that of India.
- Most of the people also speak and know the Hindi language, so it will give an extra edge for Indian students
- Tuition fee is very less than most of the Indian private medical colleges
Medical student’s life in Nepal
Medical students’ life differs from student to student and where they are living in Nepal. As we know Nepal is one of those neighboring countries of India which shares a land border. It has its own unique style and tradition but students can find lots of similarities in Nepal.
The academic institutions in Nepal pay sheer attention and dedication to the overall development of students. The medical universities have learning and sporting infrastructure that help a student to grow in all aspects.
Indian students enjoy being part of extracurricular activities conducted by medical colleges as they help to make new friends and new networks. When students step into any medical institution, they will fall in love with the diversity of activities besides the classroom lectures.
The country has a lot of diverse attractions including its seal life, flora & fauna, beautiful sites, and monumental spots. During their medical studies in Nepal, students will do a lot of other things that lead them to become successful doctors as well as better people.
How to reach Nepal from India?
Nepal and India share a border and very friendly political relationship with each other. Indian citizens do not require a Visa for visiting Nepal. There is a connectivity of bus, train, and flight between India and Nepal.
It is around 1100 Km distance which needs to be covered to reach Kathmandu (the capital city). The distance and fair are very less than any other country so that Indian medical students can easily come to India on every occasion and festival.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is MBBS study in Nepal better than in India?
Medical education in Nepal has similar standards to that of India. Besides, there are some medical universities that are affiliated with Indian universities. Yes, there is a difference in the level of budget. Hence we can say medical education in Nepal and India are more or less the same.
- What will be the cost of MBBS in Nepal?
The cost of MBBS courses in Nepal is very much lower than in other countries. The living style of Nepalese citizens is mostly similar to Indians, so students from India do not find any difference to find food and accommodation of their choice. Indian Rupee is stronger than Nepalese Rupee which is the main reason behind the universities offering low-budget MBBS degrees.
- Is there any other exam to take admission to medical colleges in Nepal?
There is no specialized examination for admission in MBBS like in India. Only a NEET scorecard with qualifying marks is sufficient. There are some universities that may have an entrance exam based on a 12th-grade curriculum.
- What is the maximum age limit for appearing in the NEET exam?
The upper age criteria for appearing in the NEET exam is 25 years for general category students and 30 years for reserved category students (ST/SC/OBC)
- How can an Indian medical graduate work as a professional in India?
An Indian medical graduate who has obtained an MBBS degree from Nepal is not directly valid in India. They have to qualify for the FMGE/NEXT exam to get a legal license or to continue practicing medicine in India.